Friday, November 14, 2008

A couple more pictures.....







First of all, I was told that picture I posted the other day of that nice buck that was supposedly hit by a truck in Powhatan, VA was fictitous. Oh well, it was a nice buck just the same. I'm going to attach a couple of pictures of one of the spikes I got the other day as well as another buck that was supposedly taken in Isle of Wight County, VA recently.

Our regular season starts tomorrow and it promises to be a pretty miserable day. Temps are supposed to be in the 60's with rain most of the day. We generally make man drives during the regular shotgun and rifle season and that often means walking through some pretty thick cover trying to push the deer out to the other guys at the end of the drive so they can get a shot. I see a wet ass in my future - have to take along several changes of clothes. Not all of the drives are through this stuff but even walking through pines when it's wet can be pretty miserable.

No comments: