Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Just wanted to wish everyone who might be reading my blog a Happy Thanksgiving (I recognze I probably have a limited audience but for those of you who are reading this, all the more meaningful, eh?) Nothing to report on my personal front today but I'm happy to report that Mike Justis went hunting in Blackstone this afternoon and killed a small buck. He also shot his rifle a fair number of times to sight it in because it was off for some reason. Go figure, it was on last year but something caused it to be off. I'm glad he got it fixed. He killed a small buck and as far as I know is going to give me the meat to make jerky out of it. I have to say I've become quite the deer jerky manufacturer. It's quite a bit easier than I thought it would ever be. It's late and I'm joining a friend and his wife for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and have plans to hunt with Mike, Sammy, Ben, Sam Jr., and whoever else is there Friday and Saturday so hopefully we'll be getting a few more deer and I can keep the jerky operation operating at full blast. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Steve

No comments: